Tuesday, January 31, 2012

It's been awhile since I've posted.  I haven't really known what to write about.

I'd like to share some successes from the last month.  Today, I got back my first graded paper in English.  I got 47/50 and one of the things my professor wrote on it was, "Can I use this to show people what to do?"  I've never been told that before!!! It made my day!  I am not confident in my writing abilities, and that was a huge confidence booster for me.  Another huge success is that I haven't missed a single day of scripture study since I moved back to Ephraim.   Yay!

Today in institute we were asked the question, "Do you think you're going to the Celestial Kingdom?"  I've been asked this question several times before.  Usually the majority of the class thinks that everyone else in the class will most likely make it, but doesn't think they will.  I've always been in that majority.   But today, I immediately thought, "Yes, I'm going there."  And I KNEW it!  For the first time in my life, I honestly believed that it was possible and I felt the Spirit confirming that.  Of course it's possible!  That's why Christ died for us.  The Atonement makes it so easy to qualify for Celestial glory.  We just need to do our best and trust in God. 

I'm so grateful for the gospel.  I'm grateful for the Spirit who has testified to me recently of God's love and of my value.  I know I am a righteous son of God.  I know that "I can do all things through Christ, which strengtheneth me" (Phillipians 4:13).

2 comments:

  1. Awww, Ryan! This post made me cry a little!! Yes - the Atonement is so far reaching! We can all make it if we keep on enduring! And, daily scripture study is a great way to keep on the path! ;)

    And congrats on the paper!! That is such a boost!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ryan you are such an awesome person and I know our Heavenly Father is very proud of you and so am I!!! I know you will make it to the Celestial Kingdom because you are good and kind and awesome!!! Love Ya, Grandma Cindy

    ReplyDelete