Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Email from Elder Lofthouse 6/11/13

I love hot weather!  It's a million times better than cold.  I'm not sure why I like sweating so much, but it's great!  I know for a fact that it was at least 110 on Saturday and I'm sure it heated up more after I saw that sign (it was only about 2:30pm).  It's cooled down since then (it's probably only in the 90's now) but I'm sure it will heat up again in the coming weeks and months.  Woohoo!!  And it's so humid here.  I love it!
 
M was baptized on Saturday.  And he went to scout camp this week and is going to youth conference on Friday.  He's going to be such a great member!  Hopefully his family will be following soon. 
 
We had Zone Conference on Friday.  As always, it was great.  We talked about how we were foreordained to be missionaries here, had a wonderful presentation by a senior missionary/institute teacher, Elder Brinley, on gospel dispensations and the Priesthood (it was super deep), improving communication skills, and working better with members.  Elder Brinley talked about how every other gospel dispensation was pretty miserable and ended in failure (except for Enoch's).  Some prophets went 50 years without a convert!  How did they keep going?  God showed them our day, the dispensation of the fullness of times, and that gave the strength to keep going and know that one day it would all be worth it, one day their descendants would have the fullness of the gospel, one day righteousness would finally and completely prevail.  That is the day we live in!  This time, there will be no apostasy.  This time, the gospel will go to ALL the earth.  This time, all blessings that were ever possible to receive in mortality are here for us to partake of.  This time, Christ will come in power and glory!  Isn't that wonderful? 
 
So quit sitting around!  Help make it happen!  There are thousands and thousands of people who are prepared and ready to be baptized today (both President Eyering and Elder Scott have said that about separate stakes here in my mission)!  This is God's work and He will labor with us.  But first, we have to labor.  We have to open our mouths.  If you are prepared to share the gospel, your mouth will be filled with the right words to say.  We have the unique privilege of building the Kingdom of God here on the earth.  Isn't that amazing?
 
Anyway, I'm just so grateful to have been born into this church.  I'm so grateful for the love and support of my family and friends.  I'm so happy that I get to be a missionary in this day and age!  Read D&C 45:62.  Great things are coming!  Are you ready?
 
I love you all so much!  Keep pressing forward!
 
Love,
Elder Lofthouse  

No comments:

Post a Comment