Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Email from Elder Lofthouse 10/21/13

This week felt super long.  We had Specialized Training on Wednesday which was really great.  W talked about following spiritual promptings, dealing with stress and adjusting to missionary life, applying the Atonement in our lives, controlling our thoughts, and knowing when we've been forgiven of our sins.  It was a really great conference!

Only really great experience I had was on Friday. We were on exchanges Thursday, and as I was planning for Friday I was considering when would be the best time to see an investigator named M and her daughter, J. I thought about 4pm, but something told me I should plan them at 7. When I got back with my companion, we reviewed the days plans, he said they sounded good and we went to work. When we went to M's at 7, they were waiting for us with their copies of the Book of Mormon. Turns out, when our appointment for them fell through on Wednesday, my companion had rescheduled for Friday at 7 and had forgotten to tell me. But the Spirit told me!

Then, about 15 minutes into the lesson, a member knocked on the door. He was the one who had referred us to M. We had not been expecting him, but he was a great help in the lesson. When we told them about the First Vision, the Spirit filled the room and both Maria and her daughter said they felt something in their chest, a warm, peaceful feeling. We testified that that was the Spirit of God and invited them to be baptized. They are progressing very well.

This work is hard, but if you focus on the positive and you express gratitude for all the blessings you receive, you realize how wonderful it is.  

I hope you all have a great week!  I love you!

Elder Lofthouse

No comments:

Post a Comment