Thursday, June 19, 2014

Email from Elder Lofthouse 6/16/14

This was a good week. I've been feeling pretty good lately. There is nothing I love more than feeling the Spirit and I have felt it often recently. I know this is God's work.

R got confirmed yesterday. He has changed so much recently, and is very happy with his decision. He thanks us all the time for opening his eyes. The other day he was sharing with us some problems he's been having with children and grandchildren fighting. In the past he may have lost his temper and said a lot of things he shouldn't have but he said to us, "I've been trying so hard. I haven't done ANYTHING to offend God since I've been baptized. So instead I just cry." I had never seen him cry before but he was when he was talking with us. I hope his wife notes the change in him and will one day follow his example. In just a brief month and a half I have really come to love that family.

M has also been progressing really well, but didn't come to church yesterday because of a Father's Day activity with his family. His wife came though. We should be having another lesson with him in the home of his brother-in-law (who's the Elders Quorum President) tomorrow, and is still on track to be baptized at the end of the month. He's starting to know the scriptures and has found lots of answers during his studies. I'm excited for him!

We really haven't had much contact with F though. I still have high hopes for her, but we need to have another lesson soon. Something I've noted on my mission is that the Spirit, before baptism and confirmation, has a shelf-life. We need to act quickly before she completely for gets her experience last week.

I can't believe two weeks of this transfer are already almost gone. I've really enjoyed being with Elder Morrow. He accepts correction very well, he speaks Spanish 100% of the time, he's been discerning all our investigators' thoughts and I am just having a great time with him.

Well, I hope you all have a great week!  Life is just great!
Love,
Elder Lofthouse

No comments:

Post a Comment