Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Alone In a Crowded Room

How is it that you can have lots of friends, have a great concert followed by lots and lots of compliments, and leave feeling completely alone?  I'm not sure why I feel this way.  Back in Salem I was lucky to meet amazing people like Dallin Kimber, Ben Hatch, and Jared Condie.  I grew close to them and felt like I was part of a group.  For some reason, here at Snow I haven't really felt that.  I do have friends, but I feel like they all have their own groups that I'm not really a part of.  And there's really no reason to feel that way, but there it is. 
Maybe there just hasn't been enough time.  I had years to get to know my friends back in Salem, and I've had less than one year here.  It doesn't help that I'm not the most social person (though I've definitely improved), so it can take longer for me to develop close relationships.  Ah well, they'll come.  And one day I'll find that wonderful woman who will be my eternal companion.  I can't wait for that! 

2 comments:

  1. I think that's pretty common. I'll bet a lot of your friends feel the same way. I remember feeling that way in college too. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not a social person either. And I agree, it is hard. But pretty soon here you'll be off on your mission and then you'll never be alone. I really love your blog. It's a good place to go when you are feeling depressed and just need a little bit of the spirit in your life. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete