Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Email from Elder Lofthouse 9/16/13 Time Flies!

Alright, I've been waiting all week to do this.  I just want to start out by bragging a little about my mom.

She's so awesome!  And her birthday was last week, so if you didn't already, tell her happy birthday.  I told her I needed a shoulder bag, and a week later I had it.  It's really great, and it was for a great price.  Last week, I asked for some friends addresses, then I got off the computer with a few minutes left, because I just knew that if I waited a little bit she'd have them to me.  And sure enough, I was right!  I love her!  I love my whole family!  The letters I got last week made me so happy!  I am so blessed!

Anyway, this week wasn't terribly exciting.  On Monday, I decided to cut my hair.  Elder Benson has some clippers, and he let me borrow them.  At first, he didn't want to do it for me, because he always writes a super long letter to his girlfriend and he hates taking time out of his preparation day for anything else.  However, after I started, he graciously helped me out with the top.   However, he then went to the bathroom and left my companion to finish.  Looking back, I may have received a quick, subtle warning from the Spirit, but I didn't listen.  Be very cautious with who you trust to cut your hair.  It's really, really short on the sides, by the ears, and it was pretty uneven too until today when a member fixed it up a bit for me.  

And it was the day before zone conference too!  I did not want to see President.  All he said though was that I should cut Elder Neave's hair next time.  Nothing to do now but let it grow.  I still love my companion though.

Nothing too exciting happened this week.  We currently have no investigators with a baptismal date and none that are progressing.  However, we have about four or five part member families that have lots of potential.  One of them is V, whose wife is a member.  He came to church and the baptism last Sunday, and he told us on Saturday he was going to come again, but they didn't show up.  Still don't know why.  However, we taught him the Plan of Salvation this week and he loved it.  We just need to get him reading the Book of Mormon again and praying about it.  We're also going to focus on teaching J's family.  They came to church for his confirmation yesterday and really enjoyed it.  

My faith has been really tested her in Merced.  It's always been a struggling zone baptism-wise, and it's been so easy to start doubting that we can keep baptizing.  But there really is so much potential here.  We just need to follow the Spirit, apply the counsel of our priesthood leaders, and work smart.  

Transfer calls are this week.  I should be staying here, so I'm not too worried about it.  I can't believe how fast this transfer has gone by though!

I love you all and hope you're doing well!

Elder Lofthouse 

No comments:

Post a Comment