Monday, September 30, 2013

Email From Elder Lofthouse 9/30/13

Wow!  This week felt really long.  I can't believe Elder Moody wasn't my companion last week.  It feels like we've been companions for a long time.  That's a good thing.  Elder Moody is great!  He's from Riverton, UT, and he has a ton of faith and he loves missionary work.  He always says, "Alright, whose life are we going to change now?"  This is going to be a good transfer.

Elder Neave leaves on Thursday.  It's kind of fun being in a trio.  I've been making most of the decisions with suggestions from my two "counselors."  That's what it feels like anyway.  I totally understand why there are three members in bishoprics and presidencies.  It really is the perfect number.  Three is little much when you're knocking on doors though.  But it's a lot of fun!  

One of the first lessons I had with Elder Moody was with V.  He hadn't been reading.  We had a very loving throw-down lesson.  The only reason he wasn't reading was because he wasn't making time for it, and why in the world wouldn't he make time for something that was so important.  The Spirit was there, and Elder Moody and I worked really well together.  V has since been reading, and he came to church on Sunday too!  Hopefully we'll get to meet with him tomorrow.

J's wife is slowly starting to progress too.  Elder Neave asked her if she'd read and she said no, like usual.  And he said, "One day, I'm going to ask that question, and you're going to say, 'Yes!'"  And she said, "That probably won't be until after I'm baptized."  And he said, "What?  You're getting baptized?"  And she said, "Well, eventually, one day, maybe."  She also gave a very strong commitment to start reading the Book of Mormon.  

I hope all of you are doing well!  I sure am.  I know that there are good things to come here in Merced.  Did I mention the other elders had a baptism on Saturday?  That's two in one month for the branch, more than they've seen in a long time.  And we're just starting!  This is the Lord's work, and when we do it His way, miracles start happening.  

I love you all!

Elder Lofthouse

No comments:

Post a Comment