Thursday, November 14, 2013

Email from Elder Lofthouse 11/11/13 One Year??

One year ago today, I gave my farewell talk.  Crazy huh?  Time flies when  you're having fun!  

Today's e-mail probably won't be as great.  As you may see, it is later than usual.  This was because we were required to get flu shots and we kept putting it off and today Sister Gelwix texted everyone in the morning asking them to report to her when they got their flu shots today.  So, we went and got those, but then everyone in our zone was e-mailing later than usual.  So, here we go.

We had stake conference this weekend.  I got to translate a few talks and it was super fun!  I got a lot of compliments on how well I did.  It was a huge confidence booster.  I love being able to speak Spanish!  Sadly, none of our investigators came.  That's four weeks in a row that we have had ZERO investigators at church!  J came though, and he loved it. (He's the one who got baptized in September).  He's so solid.  All he does all day every day is study the scriptures, Gospel Principles, and Teachings of the Prophet Joseph Smith. However, he (or rather his wife) is still struggling with being able to pay tithing.

So I have a favor to ask everyone:

If you have any stories, whether personal, from church magazines, or from people you know, about someone who paid tithing even though they were struggling financially and really saw no way they could meet all their expenses if they paid tithing too, please send them to me.  That would be so, so great!  I think it would really help build his wife's faith if she saw that people today in similar circumstances have showed their faith and were blessed for it.  
You can either e-mail me or send me a letter at:
Elder Ryan Lofthouse
1814 N Echo Ave
Fresno, CA 93704

It would be much appreciated!

I love you all so much!  I'll send a better e-mail next week! (Maybe)

Elder Lofthouse

No comments:

Post a Comment