Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Email from Elder Lofthouse 11/4/13 Transfers!

First, I just want to say how happy and proud I am of the Salem Hills marching band.   State champs!!  My little brothers are the best!  That made my week!

Not too much to report on this week.  On Halloween night we went to Elder and Sister Packs with some other missionaries.  That was fun.  Elder Benson said that someone saw him and Elder Taufa and pointed and laughed.  Apparently they thought they were dressed in their Halloween costumes.  Interestingly enough, a pair of "mormon missionaries" won the costume contest at one of the high schools here.  And they were wearing shoulder bags!  I can't believe they caught on so fast.  That policy just barely changed a month or so ago.

Transfer calls came Saturday.  Elder Moody and I are both staying, but we're getting a new companion, Elder Pugh (pronounced "Pew").  He's Elder Taufa's MTC companion, so he just finished getting trained.  We have no idea why he's getting put in a trio with us.  Usually it's the visa-waiters that get put in trios.  I'm not sure how I feel about it.  We don't have very much room in our apartment as is.   It should be fun though!

Somehow, we once again didn't have ANY investigators at church.  Three weeks in a row!  And we were focusing on that all week long.  We had several who were for sure coming and then didn't show up!  It's kind of frustrating.  I feel like Sister Boyles on "The District."  "Just come to church!  It's irritating!"  Ah well, we'll keep trying to get them there.

 I love you all!  I hope you have a great week!

Elder Lofthouse

No comments:

Post a Comment