Thursday, March 13, 2014

Email from Elder Lofthouse 3/10/14

Hello everyone!  This week was pretty good.

Wednesday was amazing. Tuesday we had had a fantastic zone meeting full of inspiration and the Spirit (President Gelwix and the Assistants were there and President gave a great training on the role of the Holy Ghost in conversion). Part of that meeting was a training on effective planning using the planning guidelines given in Preach My Gospel. So Tuesday night Elder Villanueva and I had a great planning session. Wednesday morning, we adjusted some things and felt very sure that these were God's plans for that day. We went throughout that day striving to follow the Spirit and felt led in everything we did. We only had three lessons, but one of those was with a member family during the day (we hadn't even been sure they'd be home, but felt we should go), and we had a lot of great contacts. Tuesday and Wednesday have been two of the most Spirit-filled days I've had on my mission. I was receiving and following all kinds of different impressions.

I'm still figuring out how to be consistent though.  It was a rough end to the week.  We once again didn't have any investigators at church. And I was feeling pretty frustrated yesterday.  We got transfer calls late, late Saturday night.  Elder Villanueva and I are staying together.  Elder Crawford is going to be a zone leader with Elder Leavitt (my last district leader) up in Modesto!  That'll be cool.  
Anyway, I don't really know what else to write about.  I hope you all have a great week!

Elder Lofthouse

No comments:

Post a Comment