Monday, September 29, 2014

Email from Elder Lofthouse 9/29/14

Hello!

We had a lesson with our recent convert, I, this week and her 9 year-old daughter, A. A had told us about a month ago that she wanted to finish reading the picture Book of Mormon before getting baptized. Her grandma and her aunt had also been telling her that she wasn't old enough to make that kind of a decision. Elder Mora bore a very powerful testimony to her and she commited to get baptized Oct. 11th. The next lesson, we invited the primary president to come with us. She was fantastic and she took Arleth with her to the women's conference the next day. A (and I), C, T and A all came to church yesterday. We have a lot of potential for the month of October.

I'm super excited for General conference. We're really trying to get all our investigators to understand the importance of it so that they will come. Two weeks after conference we're having a temple trip for recent converts and the goal is for each of them to take a family name to get baptized for. I'm really excited and I think there will be a lot of success. I'm really hoping Connie can get baptized the 11th so she can got on the 18th.

Sorry for the short email this week.  I hope you are all doing well!
Love,
Elder Lofthouse

No comments:

Post a Comment