Thursday, January 31, 2013

Email from Elder Lofthouse 1/29/13

Well, almost one week down here in the mission field.  It's been great!  Though, I have to apologize in advance, I can already tell these e-mails might not be the greatest.  I just have such a terrible memory. 
 
Well, first day here we met President Gelwix, the Assitants to the President, and the Coordination Sisters.  Then we went to the mission office, were assigned day companions and we went tracting.  I talked to quite a few people and a lot were accepting.  Then I took care of a bunch of paper work (mostly health things) and we went to the mission home for dinner.  We had a great meeting with President Gelwix and his wife afterward.  The next morning, we had some training and were assigned our trainers.  My trainer is Elder Hernandez, who was born in Mexico and grew up in the Los Angeles area.  He was baptized 3 years ago and goes home in about four months.  Working with him has been great.  I also live with two other elders, Elder Vera from Chile, and Elder Peacock from Utah.  They're all very friendly and are great missionaries.  
 
Church was in Spanish on Sunday.  We have a Spanish branch in my area.  A small one.  I want to work to help it grow.  I don't have a whole lot of stories after only six days, but once I do, I'll be sure to share.  We have six investigators with a baptismal date, but none of them are solid right now.  But the members of the branch are great, my companion is great, and I know that if I will do my best to rely on the Lord and let Him guide me, miracles will happen.  I have every intention of writing home about miracles as often as possible.   Hopefully I'll have more to write about next week.  I hope everything is going well at home!  And feel free to ask me questions.
 
I love you all!
 
-Elder Ryan Lofthouse-     

No comments:

Post a Comment