Thursday, March 14, 2013

Email from Elder Lofthouse 3/12/13

Hello from the California Fresno Misison!  How's everyone doing?  I'm doing great!
Elder Rasband came and spoke at a Stake conference here in my area and I got to shake his hand!  He said they're expecting to have 90,000 missionaries in the field by the end of the year.  I can't wait to see how that affects church growth!  I was listening to my companion translate it into Spanish, so I'm not sure what I heard right, but I think they said there's going to be 58 new missions and 2 new MTCs.  This is such an exciting time!  I'm so excited for General Conference.  It can't get here soon enough!
Last night, we were doing our daily planning.  Elder Hernandez has leadership training today so Elder Vera is with me, and he was planning with us last night.  Well, we were planning, and the doorbell rings.  I said, jokingly, "It's probably President Gelwix again."  And Elder Hernandez looked out the window and said, "It is!"  Of course, we didn't believe him until he actually opened the door.  And there he was, again!  Twice in two transfers I've had the mission president visit my apartment.  That never happens!  He wasn't sure why he was there, just that as he was passing by, he felt he should visit.  He reminded Elder May that he had to be at the mission home on Sunday to get ready to leave to Argentina (his Visa went through in record time!)  and then told us that the Savior loves us and wants us to know that He's with us.  President prayed with us, and then he left.  Oh, he also counseled us (as prompted by the Spirit) to not fall into routine prayers, to pray with "energy of heart."  Good advice for all of us.  
E (the one who was almost baptized 10 years ago) is getting baptized on Saturday, and hopefully her son, J, too.  We're still working with her daughter, Ka, but we're hoping she'll follow her family into the waters of baptism by the end of the month.  I'm so excited for them!  And we're teaching new people all the time.  Our mission found 307 new investigators last week!  Now we just need to get all these new investigators progressing.  
Well, I hope everyone is doing well back home.  I'm having a great time here, and I look forward to my experiences this next week.  Thank you for your prayers, and I hope you have a great week!
Love,
-Elder Lofthouse-

No comments:

Post a Comment