Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Email from Elder Lofthouse 5/7/13

Time sure flies when you're having fun.  Since last week I wrote a really great e-mail, you can probably guess that this weeks won't be so great.  Sorry.
 
Cinco de Mayo wasn't all that exciting here. I kept hearing about how crazy Cinco de Mayo could be, but it was a very quiet night.  We didn't have a very productive night, but I guess it's because everybody went other places to party.  We did have a baptism on Saturday though.  And D is super excited for hers and when we were talking to her about how we've never really had a completely perfect baptism (something ALWAYS happens) she started asking what all the most common problems are and figuring out how she can make sure they don't happen.  Sounds like she's going to be planning her baptism for us.  However, we did get a worrisome text from her yesterday.  She was running into some temptation and she was so worried she was going to mess up.  We called her and encouraged her, but I don't know what happened.  Hopefully she's alright!
 
Oh, I got the birthday package.  I have no idea when I'm going to be able to make cake, but we'll see about next preperation day.  And thanks for the music!  And tell Tiffany thanks for the camera (and everything else). 
 
We have a lot of new investigators with great interest and great potential.  Our members seem to be getting more engaged in the work (we got 4 refferals from one member), and our ward mission leader, who was previously less-active, seems to be coming back.  I'm pretty sure he still has a testimony, we just need to get him excited about the ward mission and to take responsibility for it.  He could be a great ward mission leader.  I think he just needs a little training.
 
Anyway, sorry I don't have much to say this week.  Thanks for your love, support, and especially for your letters!
Have a great week!
-Elder Lofthouse  

No comments:

Post a Comment