Thursday, August 29, 2013

Email from Elder Lofthouse 8/27/13

Sorry, I forgot to tell you last week that I wouldn't be e-mailing until Tuesday.  I just barely realized that.  We went to the temple today, so today is our Preparation Day.  I love going to the temple!  We are so blessed in Utah to have so many temples nearby.  I'm super excited for the Payson Temple and the new Provo one.  

Anyway, I don't have much to write about this week.  It was pretty rough.  We only had 13 lessons and we had no investigators show up to church, not even the normally solid ones.  Everything's been falling through.  We haven't had any contact with F since we set up that baptismal date with him, and we've stopped by almost every day at different times.  And my companion is great and he still works, but I'm pretty sure he's slowing down.  I can't say much about that though, because maybe I'll be feeling the same in 15 months.  Hopefully not.  

Apparently the stake has been working on a way to help J pay his tithing and they just need him to talk to the branch president, President E.  That would have happened on Sunday, but J's car broke down and he didn't make it to church.  Hopefully it will happen soon, and I'm sure he'll then finally commit to be baptized.

Missions are hard, but you learn so much because of those challenges.  I've been learning about a lot of things that I'm not very good at.  Like, talking openly with my companions and making sure we're on the same page, planning, making decisions, and expressing love and appreciation for those around me.  But as I've recognized those weaknesses, I've been able to work on them and get better, and I know that as I turn to Christ those weaknesses will become strengths.  Ether 12:27 is true!  I love being out here and wouldn't give it up for anything!

I love you all and hope you're learning more every day!

Love,
Elder Lofthouse

P.S.  Sorry I've been really bad at taking pictures lately.  I'll think about repenting of that, but we'll see.    

No comments:

Post a Comment