Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Email from Elder Lofthouse 1/13/14 Hola!

Good news!  S passed her interview yesterday, so she and M are getting baptized on Saturday.  Woohoo!  S was feeling super sick on Sunday, and President McAnderws forgot about the interview (or rather, President Gelwix gave him another assignment that caused him to forget) and we couldn't get a hold of him, but S was wonderful and waiting an hour and a half for him.  She looked pretty miserable, but she waited, she passed, and she's getting baptized!

Time has just been flying by this transfer.  We only have two more weeks!  And chances are very high that Elder Moody and I will get separated.  Sad!  We really have to make the most of these next two weeks.  We have zone conference here in Merced on Thursday.  That should be good.  Hopefully I'll be able to get a haircut today, and hopefully it doesn't turn out like the last haircut I got right before zone conference (I'm so glad hair grows back!)

Marta, who got baptized two weeks ago, fed us dinner on Monday, gave us Tamales on Wednesday, and fed us dinner again on Friday!  She is so awesome!  And Maria and Sergio are doing really well and they're giving us dinner tomorrow.  I love recent converts.  I love being a missionary.  You love other people so much, and then you get to feel them return that love.  It's so wonderful!

I love you all!  I hope you're enjoying life.

Love,
Elder Lofthouse

No comments:

Post a Comment