Monday, January 20, 2014

Email from Elder Lofthouse 1/20/14 Baptism! (with pictures)


 
Baptism!!  M and S got baptized and confirmed this weekend.  I'll try and send pictures.  J gave a wonderful talk on baptism.  The last time he gave a talk at a baptism, he just read the whole baptism chapter in Gospel Principles.  He's coming along!  He also blessed the sacrament yesterday without making any mistakes, the first time he's been able to do that.  He was very proud of himself for finally getting it down.  I love that family!  Now we just need to baptize their daughters!


Transfers are this week.  I've been here four transfers.  That's the longest I've ever been in an area.  Three of those transfers have been with Elder Moody.  Chances are, something is going to change this transfer.  Sad!  I've loved working with Elder Moody here in Merced.

 The new converts have all been doing great!  And recent converts are always excited to share the gospel.  It's been amazing to see the light that has come into their lives and how much happier they are than before (even when they were already happy).  I'm so thankful I was blessed to be a part of their lives.

I love this work!  I know that it's the Lord's and He has people prepared to receive the gospel.  I've been impressed with how little I feel I had to do with any of these baptisms (they were all found through members for one).  I was just blessed to be in the right place at the right time so that I could see it happen right before my eyes.

I hope you are all doing well!  Keep living the gospel and the blessings will come.

Love ya!
Elder Lofthouse

No comments:

Post a Comment