Thursday, January 2, 2014

Email from Elder Lofthouse 12/23/13 Feliz Navidad!

Hello again!
I hope you are all doing well.  Life has been good lately.  M didn't come to church on Sunday, she isn't answering our texts or calls, and no one answered the door when we stopped by last night.  They did that before and then still turned out to be solid, so I'm hoping that's still the case and we get back in contact with them again soon.

Last night we talked with M2 who's been coming to church regularly and she said she's still willing to be baptized on Sunday.  We have to teach pretty much everything to her this week though.  It should be fun!  And we had a great lesson last night with J's wife about how we receive answers to prayers through the Holy Ghost.  One of their daughter's, N, is also acting more interested and would have come to church yesterday but her dad didn't wake her up.  She'll be there next week though!

 In my gospel studies the last couple of weeks I've been going to each study with a specific question such as, "How can I have a mighty change of heart?", "How do I find new investigators?", or "How do I develop Spiritual power?"  I've been surprised at how often I arrive at the same answer for nearly every question:
Live the gospel.  

It's so simple! We have faith in Jesus Christ, we repent, we make and keep covenants, all so that we can receive the Holy Ghost and be changed and sanctified by His presence.  Why?  So we can become more like God.  It's all about getting a little more like Christ each day, by exercising faith, repenting of our mistakes, striving to keep our covenants to God, and doing all we can to receive and follow the purifying Holy Spirit. 
 
I love this work!  I love this gospel!  And I love you!


Have a very Merry Christmas!

Love,
Elder Lofthouse 

No comments:

Post a Comment