Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Email from Elder Lofthouse 6/30/14

I love California summers!  109 today, but it should cool down to 101 for the rest of the week.  I'm so excited!

Well, in just a matter of hours, President and Sister Gelwix board a plane to head home to Salt Lake and in come President and Sister Clark.  We get to meet them officially on Thursday.  I will miss the Gelwix's so much.  On Thursdaya lot of missionaries in the Fresno zones got to go help clean the mission home and at the end we were all gathered in the living room and just spent about 20 quality minutes together.  None of us wanted to leave and President even invited us all to stay the night.  I think he was only half-joking.  I included a picture of a bunch of us elders with him on his couch.  That was such a great day!

Sadly, M did not get baptized on Saturday.  He got some cold feet but said he wants to keep reading, praying, and going to church.  He says he doesn't doubt God and the church, just himself.  We made some good plans to help him out though and I'm absolutely certain he'll be baptized in July.

R has been doing well.  The funeral will be tomorrow but we won't be able to go because of district meeting.  He's still been coming to church though which was absolutely amazing to me.  He has become such a solid member in such a short time.  I love him!
We've been finding a lot of new investigators this week and I'm excited for the month of July.  Time sure flies when you're having fun!  I love this work and I feel ever more present the thought that it's coming to an end.  I want to tear these last 4 1/2 months apart.  Good things are going to happen!

I love you all and hope you have a fantastic week!  
Love,
Elder Lofthouse

No comments:

Post a Comment