Monday, July 14, 2014

Email from Elder Lofthouse 7/14/14 Transfers!

Transfer calls came!  I'm going to Farmersville in the Visalia Zone to be with Elder Herrera, from Ecuador.  He's been there for 10 months.  I'm being replaced by Elder Artal (one of my favorite misisonaries) from Venezuela who goes home this transfer and Elder Martinez from Chile.  Yep.  They needed two native speakers to replace me.  Just kidding.

I know transfers were inspired and I heard about how the Spirit just took over during transfer board. Going to a new part of the mission, with new leaders and a new companion is exactly what I needed. And I get a native speaking companion! I'm excited! I know, just as you said in your letter, that being humble and accepting, no committing to the Lord's will will be the key to success. My whole mission I've struggled with that, have improved much, and know that He is placing me in the right places with the right people to really master that attribute. I always have mixed feelings at transfers, but as I really ponder it I KNOW that Heavenly Father knows me, He wants what is best for me, and I am being sent exactly where I need to be right now.

We had 3 investigators at church, which was such a blessing! That was three times as many as we've had all transfer. One was R C who has a lot of desires to change his life. His ex-wife is a member and they and their kids have gone to church a lot in the past few months. I'm not really sure what their relationship status is, but regardless of what happens between them, he's determined to be a different person. He wants to be an example for his kids and I know he's felt the Spirit at church and as he's talked with us. The other two were I and C who have been investigating lots of different churches. Ismael has a baptismal date for August 9th, and they are progressing very well. C's been really busy though, so we haven't gotten to talk with her very much recently. We'll need to soon, because they need to get married before either of them can get baptized.

It's always really hard for me to not check out early the last couple days after transfer calls come. I feel like Farmersville is my new area and I just want to get there. I'm trying to stay focused though and do what I can with the last few investigators I'll see here in madera. I love Madera! It is such a wonderful place to serve as a Spanish missionary. On Sunday, R (who got baptized a month ago) gave me a great big hug. I'll miss him! I'm definitely going to make sure I stay in touch with him.

Well, here goes. I hope Farmersville is my last area. Last stretch! I'm going to give it all I've got. "Humble and full of love" will be my focus (D&C 12:8). I'm so thankful to be a missionary!  I know this is the Lord's work.  I know that He knows me.  He's guiding me and He has a plan for me.  I love all of you and I know He does too.  He also has a plan for you.  Trust Him, commit to His will, and you will see miracles in your life.

Have a great week!
Love,
Elder Lofthouse

No comments:

Post a Comment