Friday, December 9, 2011

Diligence

So today it hit me that it will be very difficult for me to pass my psychology class at this point, and if I can't then I'll lose my scholarships and my parents can't pay for next semester.  I didn't realize how much I was looking forward to next semester until I was talking on the phone and my dad said that.  I cried.  I feel so stupid.  I'm going to do everything I can this weekend to pass that class, but I'm afraid it won't be enough.  There are so many people I've met here that I may never see again if I leave next semester.  I will miss them so much!!

Diligence has never been a strength of mine.  Quite the opposite.  All through high school I coasted along and got away with procrastinating.  I even got out of a term of Fitness for Life because of procrastination.  I've always felt like I never learned how to work, that I've never really needed to and I've been able to get along on the talent I've been blessed with.  Well, it's about time I learned a lesson in diligence.  It's one of the Christ-like attributes we're supposed to be developing and one that I certainly don't have yet.  I'm praying with all my heart that I will somehow be able to stay next semester.  But whatever happens, I know it will be alright in the end, and I hope I've learned my lesson.

No comments:

Post a Comment