Thursday, December 8, 2011

Frustration with attraction

I enjoy this video:

Of course there are exceptions, but when a girl and a guy get close this is bound to be the case.  I always get so frustrated with how easily I fall for girls.  And why in the world are we guys attracted to girls before our missions??  It's so annoying!  I've had a lot of ups and downs dealing with these emotions over the last few years and I can't wait to finally marry a beautiful daughter of God in the temple.  But waiting is so hard!!  And in the mean time there are so many mind games you have to play as you wonder who likes you and you try to figure out what your feelings are for your 'girlfriends.' 

Of course, it's not like I ever feel like I'm attracting anyone.  I'm never good enough.  There's always someone else who's more handsome, more talented, or easier to talk to.  I don't feel like there's anything very special about me.  So why do I even worry about these things?  There's no point. 

Then again, I know that someday I will marry in the temple.  God has made me that promise.  I also know that He sees a whole lot of good in me.  He loves me and he knows what I can be.  I guess I can trust an all-knowing being.  In the mean time I'll try to focus more on my mission and try to put off worrying about the opposite gender.

No comments:

Post a Comment