Wednesday, December 7, 2011

So, I decided I wanted to start a blog.  I'm planning on writing in it often, but we'll see what happens.  I saw someone suggest getting a blog because it's like a journal that you actually want to write in.  I thought that would be nice.  I've chosen to call my blog "Getting In Tune" because 1) I'm a music major and 2) I'm a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
In music, certain frequencies sound better together than others.  In band we're are constantly listening to each other so that our chords sound the very best they can.  When we play in tune the sound resonates beautifully.  It's a goal we're constantly striving for.
In the church we also refer to "being in tune with the Spirit."  When we're in tune with God, we are better able to hear Him, to feel His promptings and to receive guidance through the Holy Ghost.  We are also constantly striving to be in tune with His spirit.  That's really what my whole life is all about: trying to align my will with God's, to be more sensitive to the promptings of the Spirit, and become more like my Heavenly Father.  When we are in tune, there is no dissonance; we are in harmony, and this is what I seek with my God.

So I'll try to post often about my life and my efforts to be in tune.

3 comments:

  1. That's so clever. Blogging is my way of of keeping a journal, the only way I've been able to do it. Though I haven't done so well, lately. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea, Ryan! You should go into your settings and turn on mobile view so I can read it from my phone too. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yea!! I am so excited to read your blog! I love the name you have chosen and what it means to you!! Awesome!

    ReplyDelete